The poweraudio Forum is managed by a team of tallented administrators that have made it their mission to offer projects, schematics, designs and their advice free of charge. By making a small donation you can aid in the further development and running costs of this community. We thank you for the support!
Forumul Poweraudio este manageriat de o echipa de administratori talentati care au misiunea de a furniza proiecte, scheme, schite si sfaturi in mod gratuit. Facand o donatie, puteti sa ajutati la dezvoltarea si acoperirea costurilor de operare si dezvoltare a acestei comunitati. Va multumim pentru ajutor!

forumpoweraudio.ro

>> Bine ati venit pe forumul Poweraudio - Cel mai mare forum PROaudio din Romania <<
Acum este Joi Apr 25, 2024 12:29 am

Ora este UTC + 2

Scrie un subiect nou Răspunde la subiect  [ 159 mesaje ]  Du-te la pagina Anterior  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Următorul
Autor Mesaj
 Subiectul mesajului:
MesajScris: Dum Iul 29, 2007 4:45 pm 
Neconectat
User

I was refering to the long version :twisted: because, as I think that you've read above, I don't think that that short waveguide can give a considerable gain in sub and bas frequencies. I must say that I've heard 14 pieces of the long planar and they rock :twisted: :!:
Although I think that 4 pieces of short planar would have a more pronouced kick as opposed to 4 pieces of bassreflex. :roll:

Sus

Subiectul mesajului:
MesajScris: Dum Iul 29, 2007 7:56 pm 
Neconectat
User

Radu scrie:
I was refering to the long version :twisted: because, as I think that you've read above, I don't think that that short waveguide can give a considerable gain in sub and bas frequencies. I must say that I've heard 14 pieces of the long planar and they rock :twisted: :!:
Although I think that 4 pieces of short planar would have a more pronouced kick as opposed to 4 pieces of bassreflex. :roll:

yes i have understand what you said, i know that you prefer the long version...and yes the kick in the short is more pronounced as a bass reflex.
to be clear you have 101 db @40hz with a short planar, it's a good result for me :twisted:

Sus

Subiectul mesajului:
MesajScris: Dum Iul 29, 2007 8:55 pm 
fabrizio971 scrie:
101 db @40hz

no way hoze :lol:

take a few minutes and think about why it is imposible to have 101 db @ 40 hz. As Radu said the pathlenght is too short to achive some significant increase of spl, and even so only in the kick zone. In the subbas zone you need something else to increase the spl :wink:

off course in a large room, placed in corner with the acustic coupling from the walls you could get that amount of spl...but it's hard for me to realise that it could be posible to achieve that amount of spl

Sus

Subiectul mesajului:
MesajScris: Dum Iul 29, 2007 9:06 pm 
Neconectat
User

fabrizio971 scrie:
Radu scrie:

yes i have understand what you said, i know that you prefer the long version...and yes the kick in the short is more pronounced as a bass reflex.
to be clear you have 101 db @40hz with a short planar, it's a good result for me :twisted:
this curves is for the short planar not the long planar take a look at this :roll: Imagine

Sus

Subiectul mesajului:
MesajScris: Dum Iul 29, 2007 9:42 pm 
for one piece to achieve that amount of spl it's hard to beleve. :roll: :roll: :roll: Maybe the blue one is. It;s more plausible :lol:

Sus

Subiectul mesajului:
MesajScris: Dum Iul 29, 2007 10:28 pm 
Neconectat
User

I bet on whatever you want that with this sub ( without any processing, just the normal signal, like the signal driven in the speaker plotted ) you won't acheive 101 dB/1W/1m/40 Hz. It's impossible in that Volume for an 18" speaker to move such a quantity of air to obtain 101 dB at 40 hz from 1 W.
Just have in mind that Dynacord, for their planar give almost 7 dB to 40 Hz, and even with that gain, the F3 doesn't reaches 40 Hz. An they have a very big waveguide compared with this version. :roll:
I am very sure that that plot is incorrect because from what I see there is something like the bassreflex vent influencing the closed box response ( in another word said: how to estimate the frequency response of a closed if we would put it a vent - this is the ideea that's behind the bassreflex ): the closed box is in reality the bassreflex cab and the vent is in reality the waveguide. The ideea is wrong, so the plot is wrong. he reality is that in the upper range, at 100 Hz, is a gain of probably 3-4 dB, but under 70-80 Hz it acts like a normal bassreflex cab.
I wolud have said may more things, but I'm not on my free time :(

Sus

Subiectul mesajului:
MesajScris: Mar Aug 14, 2007 8:54 pm 
Neconectat
User

Radu scrie:
I bet on whatever you want that with this sub ( without any processing, just the normal signal, like the signal driven in the speaker plotted ) you won't acheive 101 dB/1W/1m/40 Hz. It's impossible in that Volume for an 18" speaker to move such a quantity of air to obtain 101 dB at 40 hz from 1 W.

I would have said may more things, but I'm not on my free time :(

yes but perhaps in MP

anyway, do you think that this speaker can work good with a short planar?
Imagine

Sus

Subiectul mesajului:
MesajScris: Mar Aug 14, 2007 9:03 pm 
Neconectat
User

From my opinion ( I've never tried that speaker plan ) it will work excelent 8) crossed between 90-150 hz ( the crossover frequency depend on taste: if you like the lows in the male voice to be heared in the subwoofers, than you can cross it at 150-160 Hz; but if you link only true sub frequencies you could choose a frequency between 70-90 Hz.

Sus

Subiectul mesajului:
MesajScris: Mar Aug 14, 2007 9:41 pm 
Neconectat
User

Radu scrie:
From my opinion ( I've never tried that speaker plan ) it will work excelent 8) crossed between 90-150 hz ( the crossover frequency depend on taste: if you like the lows in the male voice to be heared in the subwoofers, than you can cross it at 150-160 Hz; but if you link only true sub frequencies you could choose a frequency between 70-90 Hz.

ok but i have a problem with the 12" speaker, this speaker is not available in france, do you think that i can replace it with a c15 300 mb from Paudio?

Sus

Subiectul mesajului:
MesajScris: Mar Aug 14, 2007 10:44 pm 
Neconectat
Ultramoderator
Ultramoderator

I don't think that c15 300 mb will work, maily beacause the volume is too small 47L.
I think that c12 300 mb will work really well.

Sus

Subiectul mesajului:
MesajScris: Mar Aug 14, 2007 11:59 pm 
Neconectat
User

pitbull_bog scrie:
I don't think that c15 300 mb will work, maily beacause the volume is too small 47L.
I think that c12 300 mb will work really well.

yes i made a little mistake i was talking about 12" and i wrote 15!! silly boy! :oops: 8)

Sus

Subiectul mesajului:
MesajScris: Lun Aug 20, 2007 9:19 am 
Neconectat
User

Imagine
Imagine
Imagine
Imagine

a new short planar from France i hope you will like it!!!

Sus

Subiectul mesajului:
MesajScris: Lun Aug 20, 2007 9:24 am 
Neconectat
User

Imagine
Imagine
Imagine
Imagine
Imagine
Imagine
Imagine
Imagine
Imagine

and a long version with a p audio c18 650el from France again!!

Sus

Subiectul mesajului:
MesajScris: Lun Aug 20, 2007 9:34 am 
Neconectat
User

8) nice beast`s :D

Sus

Subiectul mesajului:
MesajScris: Lun Aug 20, 2007 9:35 am 
Neconectat
User

Imagine
Imagine
this planar from France is made with a RCF speaker:RCF LF 18G400
and it works good!!! 8)

Sus

Afişează mesajele de la anteriorul:  Sortează după  
Scrie un subiect nou Răspunde la subiect  [ 159 mesaje ]  Du-te la pagina Anterior  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Următorul

Ora este UTC + 2