The poweraudio Forum is managed by a team of tallented administrators that have made it their mission to offer projects, schematics, designs and their advice free of charge. By making a small donation you can aid in the further development and running costs of this community. We thank you for the support!
Forumul Poweraudio este manageriat de o echipa de administratori talentati care au misiunea de a furniza proiecte, scheme, schite si sfaturi in mod gratuit. Facand o donatie, puteti sa ajutati la dezvoltarea si acoperirea costurilor de operare si dezvoltare a acestei comunitati. Va multumim pentru ajutor!

forumpoweraudio.ro

>> Bine ati venit pe forumul Poweraudio - Cel mai mare forum PROaudio din Romania <<
Acum este Vin Mar 29, 2024 12:36 pm

Ora este UTC + 2

Scrie un subiect nou Răspunde la subiect  [ 6 mesaje ] 
Autor Mesaj
 Subiectul mesajului: Alternative design
MesajScris: Mie Noi 30, 2005 11:06 pm 
Neconectat
User

Could this be a suitable design for the project.
It seems to fit all the specs we are looking for.

http://www.courtacoustics.net/ramjet2.htm

I think I may be overlooking something, but it seems to be just what I am after. It can be stacked or arrayed, crossover freq seems good. The specs in gereral seem good.
What is it that I am missing...

Sus

Subiectul mesajului:
MesajScris: Joi Dec 01, 2005 12:39 am 
Neconectat
User

loophole i think it was posted a link to these from sj, court have made some marvelous boxes in the past and i think there is a good chance this will be a worthy performer. the different applications possible through different stacking of the striaght or angled sides is a very nice idea.

i haven't looked long enough at the mid top (less than a grand in uk including vat which ain't that much for a horn top) to quite figure out the loading. i was amused by the bass bin being a 4 x 15". it is clearly two seperate 2 x 15" boxes which bear a serious resemblance to a mkI martin 215 but with a sewer pipe sized reflex port in on the game.

they will play off any system you like in the venue of your choice to try and make a sale, so they must be quite confident that it sounds good. it is a bit cheeky, just wholeheartedly robbing that concept, but i mean all's fair in love in war right? and i love loudspeakers.

james.

Sus

Subiectul mesajului:
MesajScris: Joi Dec 01, 2005 11:26 pm 
Neconectat
User

That's a kind of mk2 Ramjet. I have the brochure on the original design (SHB800) which is completely different and looked like a line array box with a horn loaded 12", a 2" and a 1" on separate horns all in a line left to right.

There's a 1x15" ported horn low and v-style 2x18" sub box that goes with it. The 1x15" was like half one of the old 'black box' bins.

Interesting to see Court are back again - they went bust not so long ago.

Neil

Sus

Subiectul mesajului:
MesajScris: Vin Dec 02, 2005 2:13 am 
Neconectat
User

Neil, bit cheeky I know, but any chance you could pm me a copy of the Court literature you have. I spoke to Stephen Court last week and he said they no longer have any of the paperwork for the older systems.

I have a reasonable size Court system, but it's hard to find any info for the cabs on the internet, so any help greatfully received.

Cheers

Sus

Subiectul mesajului:
MesajScris: Mar Ian 31, 2006 3:41 am 
Neconectat
User

i like the design it looks like its gonna just kill u with sweet waves not to mention the lethal looks can u find th deminsions

Sus

Subiectul mesajului:
MesajScris: Mar Ian 31, 2006 11:21 am 
Neconectat
User

Line Array ??? Where?

Sus

Afişează mesajele de la anteriorul:  Sortează după  
Scrie un subiect nou Răspunde la subiect  [ 6 mesaje ] 

Ora este UTC + 2