The poweraudio Forum is managed by a team of tallented administrators that have made it their mission to offer projects, schematics, designs and their advice free of charge. By making a small donation you can aid in the further development and running costs of this community. We thank you for the support!
Forumul Poweraudio este manageriat de o echipa de administratori talentati care au misiunea de a furniza proiecte, scheme, schite si sfaturi in mod gratuit. Facand o donatie, puteti sa ajutati la dezvoltarea si acoperirea costurilor de operare si dezvoltare a acestei comunitati. Va multumim pentru ajutor!

forumpoweraudio.ro

>> Bine ati venit pe forumul Poweraudio - Cel mai mare forum PROaudio din Romania <<
Acum este Joi Mar 28, 2024 10:00 pm

Ora este UTC + 2

Scrie un subiect nou Răspunde la subiect  [ 8 mesaje ] 
Autor Mesaj
 Subiectul mesajului: Line array
MesajScris: Mie Dec 14, 2005 8:07 pm 
Neconectat
Director General 0766332366
Director General  0766332366

I think It's about time to tackle this problem

line arrays were reserved for the big manufactures until now, How about we change this? :twisted:

Poweraudio Romania
Drumul Tarpiului, Nr.30, Bistrita, Jud. Bistrita-Nasaud
Telefon: 0766332366
E-mail: office@poweraudio.ro
www.poweraudio.ro
facebook.com/poweraudio.romania

Sus

Subiectul mesajului:
MesajScris: Mie Dec 14, 2005 9:17 pm 
Neconectat
Ultramoderator
Ultramoderator

I think is not a bad ideea :wink:
I realy think about this in last time... I'm asking how mach will cost something like that :roll:
dat i steel intrested obout a line array :D

Sus

Subiectul mesajului:
MesajScris: Mie Dec 14, 2005 9:40 pm 
Neconectat
User

worthy of a whole forum section of it's own that one. i am not convinced a line array system would be the most suitable solution to my gigging requirements, although i can't say i haven't thought about compact ground stacks of 2-4 units a side. outline butterfly white paper is interesting isn't it?

ceharden was i think involved in a similar set up for the glade main stage this year, or at least will know of it. to be honest i was buying the sound of the origin stage more in terms of shear attack, those opus at2000s at work in the open air... but the main stage inteligibility was on the whole very good.

james.

Sus

Subiectul mesajului:
MesajScris: Mie Dec 14, 2005 9:42 pm 
Neconectat

Yes, Ive read the Buterfly white papers at the release of the system.

Verry interesting reading.

I know thet DNA has some verry interesting things to say about line arrays, So this subject was created at his request.

Poweraudio Romania
E-mail: office@poweraudio.ro
www.poweraudio.ro
facebook.com/poweraudio.romania

Sus

Subiectul mesajului:
MesajScris: Joi Dec 15, 2005 5:09 pm 
Neconectat
User

Hmmm... line arrays. The holy grail or maybe not. In the right application they can work very well but are not the one box does all solution they're made out to be. Ideally they need to be flown, ground stacking works but flown is much better.

From our point of view, without being able to simulate them, we'd need to build lots of boxes just to test an idea. Also take into account that although everyone has jumped on the line array band wagon most of them get slated for sounding crap. Must admit tho, heard d&b Q1 line array on Monday and it is very very good.

I think it's still not acheivable for us to design a line array we'll be happy with at the end and it wouldn't meet our gigging requirements. I reckon leave line arrays to big arenas where they are most effective.

Sus

Subiectul mesajului:
MesajScris: Joi Dec 15, 2005 7:21 pm 
Neconectat
User

I just thought I'd pop in here and say hello. I've been dipping in and out of this forum to see what's been going on and it all looks very interesting! (The technical aspects of the dicussion are over my head at the moment as I don't have the time to read the necessary papers, which is annoying for an ex Physics grad, but hey, I have a whole heap of other stuff to keep me busy!)

As a casual observer I do get the feel that the project may be losng a little focus and direction while the best compromise solution to the requirements is decided upon, and this line array issue made me think of this.

Something like a trapezoidd x-tro or the twin 12 W shaped horn plan james came up with (looks like a cyclops duck from the front!) looks like the kind of thing that's required.

The fact that Walt is on board helps a lot and the x-tro seems like a really good design from the reports (I've never heard one) so working with him to modify what you see as the limitations or issues of the x-tro are, in order to produce a box that meets the requirements might be the way to go.

Just my 2 cents of observation from someone who'd really like to be able to help out in a more practical/techincal way.

angus

Sus

Subiectul mesajului:
MesajScris: Mie Ian 04, 2006 12:12 pm 
Hello,

I just found this site while doing a search for information on line arrays. Apologies if you are aware of it, but the whole “let’s make a line array” has already been done before (not that it should stop any subsequent attempts) on the Harmony Central Forum.

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/for ... genumber=5

It takes a while to get going but by about page 9 or 10 there is some sound (no pun intended) theory being discussed. Centauri who is participating here took part in the discussions. Another one of the participants has some information on his web site.

http://www.burton-manor.co.uk/Audio/LAthoughts.htm

This page has mentioned a number of times on the pro sound live audio boards as a useful reference. If you go back to the start page there are links to a couple of line array designs.

I hope that you don’t consider my posting the above links as disrespectful, best regards,

Joe Marsh.

Sus

Subiectul mesajului:
MesajScris: Mie Ian 04, 2006 12:52 pm 
Neconectat

thank you very much for the info input :wink:

I have read the material and it's verry good

Poweraudio Romania