The poweraudio Forum is managed by a team of tallented administrators that have made it their mission to offer projects, schematics, designs and their advice free of charge. By making a small donation you can aid in the further development and running costs of this community. We thank you for the support!
Forumul Poweraudio este manageriat de o echipa de administratori talentati care au misiunea de a furniza proiecte, scheme, schite si sfaturi in mod gratuit. Facand o donatie, puteti sa ajutati la dezvoltarea si acoperirea costurilor de operare si dezvoltare a acestei comunitati. Va multumim pentru ajutor!

forumpoweraudio.ro

>> Bine ati venit pe forumul Poweraudio - Cel mai mare forum PROaudio din Romania <<
Acum este Joi Mar 28, 2024 6:21 pm

Ora este UTC + 2

Scrie un subiect nou Răspunde la subiect  [ 4 mesaje ] 
Autor Mesaj
 Subiectul mesajului: W-mid?
MesajScris: Mar Feb 21, 2006 8:44 pm 
Neconectat
User

hey

How about using a w-fold simmilar to bill fitzmaurice's dr boxes?

You can fit two 10" or 8" drivers right at the back of the cab so they fire directly into the bend thus you should be able to get up to 550hz.

Making the cab a bit taller this way means you can also widen the middle section at the mouth to accomodate an alpha8mr on a simple conical horn with a 1" above it (instead of the horrible piezo array!)

I've been playing around and it all fits in nicely. I've done a simple hornresp on the duel 10" part (Sn10b's) and it works fine even though the mouth it quite small.

May not be ideal but its not too hard to build (no mitres) and the whole box could cost around than £200 for the drivers

I was planning to make the front 57cm square and the box 57cm deep with a 10deg trap. (8" and 1" would be 60x40 dispersion, the whole box "could" be rotatable.

Sus

Subiectul mesajului: dr folding
MesajScris: Joi Feb 23, 2006 4:46 pm 
Neconectat
User

ay-up davey.

i reckon using something along the lines of fitzy's dr folding or that of the nca rgw 112 is pretty much essential to make space for the length of low mid horn required. i liked trying to emulate the latter as opposed to the former as you cut out the parallel surfaces on the top and bottom of the flare. the crucial point is as you suggest that the transitions are all neatly curved. what was the bottom end cut off for your modelled low mid element?

the alpha 8mr certainly makes for the most economical high mid horn and the sealed back assists in construction and the top end extension goal. i am hesitant to play with these as i don't really like the eminence driver sound, ones i have listened too have always been really "scratchy" around 2k but they've always been 12s or 15s so the 8mr may well be very different. have you had a go with them?

£200 for drivers sounds nice! i keep ending up at over twice that...

james.

Sus

Subiectul mesajului:
MesajScris: Vin Feb 24, 2006 12:48 am 
Neconectat
User

davey, i've just been looking back at your posts in the new project forum and taking a closer peek at your sketch and at fitzy's drs. whilst there are some slightly tricky areas at the back of the cab, i reckon you're on to an absolute winner, or at the very least an idea that is worth prototyping. with a little shuffling there is as you say plenty of room to fit the 8" and 1" drivers sat physicaly between and above the motors for the 10"s. the use of sealed drivers here makes a really tight fit possible.

i'm thinking plumbing pipe of different diameters can be used to make the perfectly smooth transitions we are looking for in the horn flare, all good stuff. is the addition of a sloped insert in the final horn flares to get rid of the last parallel walled section a good idea i wonder.

which 10" did you use by the way, i can only find spec on an sn10mb, no mention of a b model... this gives lots of options though, you could build an eminence/p-audio/de250 box for ~£200 or a b&c/rcf/de500 model for ~£500 to more or less the same plans, you'd kind of be hoping the second of those alternatives was louder and nicer though. probably around twice as loud and twice as nice! it's the mr8n301 that nails the price, yet never have i lusted after a single driver so much.

james.

Sus

Subiectul mesajului:
MesajScris: Mie Apr 05, 2006 1:37 pm 
Neconectat
User

i 'm currently modeling a wbin for one sn12 b p audio(one horn that i split in two )

i think its possible to have a compact things and enough place between the two horn to put one or two 6" and a 1" or two with a line array wave guide(as bms but at more than 600e ) so i prefer b&c M100 for exemple)
a few ideas came up and i have made plans from my ideas
someone would work on it with me?

the purpose is to make a little line array but with horn loaded wbin
<100HZ to >18000Hz Xover at 500hz and 2Khz
my dimensions are L 60,H 30-35,D 60
thanks a lot

i'm in with all your project but i feel good this one

Sus

Afişează mesajele de la anteriorul:  Sortează după  
Scrie un subiect nou Răspunde la subiect  [ 4 mesaje ] 

Ora este UTC + 2