The poweraudio Forum is managed by a team of tallented administrators that have made it their mission to offer projects, schematics, designs and their advice free of charge. By making a small donation you can aid in the further development and running costs of this community. We thank you for the support!
Forumul Poweraudio este manageriat de o echipa de administratori talentati care au misiunea de a furniza proiecte, scheme, schite si sfaturi in mod gratuit. Facand o donatie, puteti sa ajutati la dezvoltarea si acoperirea costurilor de operare si dezvoltare a acestei comunitati. Va multumim pentru ajutor!

forumpoweraudio.ro

>> Bine ati venit pe forumul Poweraudio - Cel mai mare forum PROaudio din Romania <<
Acum este Joi Mar 28, 2024 5:42 pm

Ora este UTC + 2

Scrie un subiect nou Răspunde la subiect  [ 18 mesaje ]  Du-te la pagina Anterior  1, 2
Autor Mesaj
 Subiectul mesajului:
MesajScris: Mie Mar 01, 2006 5:06 am 
Neconectat
User

Had a look at another candidate for concept copying last night: Martin Wavefront 8. 12" with phase plug on straight horn. Phase plugged 6/8" and a 1". Their phase plugs are pretty simple though and seem to introduce quite a large discontinuarity in the flare. We took the system down and replaced it with ARCS. Kept the pair of WSX's on each stack though, me likes!

Sus

Subiectul mesajului:
MesajScris: Mie Mar 01, 2006 9:53 am 
Neconectat
User

What is "ARCS", and why would you pull down a W8 system??

Some time back, I had the pleasure of running the first W8 rig sold in Australia (up until the owner decided to sell out..... damn), consisting of 4 W8C's and 4 WSX's per side (also occasionly hired in extra WSX's as well as the W8CM and W8CT long throw tops). VERY smooth sound, and it was this rig that made me realise what a high crossover point (3.5kHz) to a compression driver can do for the smoothness of the top end.

If you analyse the W8's toroidal phase plugs, you would find that they present a fast initial flare rate rather than a discontinuity - a technique commonly used to give better top end loading to a wide band horn. I believe the plug geometry also assists in pattern control, but I would imagine it would be very dependant on cone/dustcap shape. I haven't really given much thought to this style of plug, as it would probably involve a LOT of experimentation.

The 12" section goes fairly high (750Hz crossover point), but doesn't get that low - around 150Hz is the lower limit, which narrows the choice of sub box. If you look at the W8LC line array box, the 12" low mid is on a longer horn and port assisted to get much lower - something I will be playing with as well.

Cheers
Graeme

Sus

Subiectul mesajului:
MesajScris: Mie Mar 01, 2006 1:34 pm 
Neconectat
User

ARCS are an L-Accoustics box designed to work with the V-Dosc line array. They consist of a direct radiating 15" which goes from 80Hz to 900Hz, then a 2" compression driver on a complex waveguide which ensures proper arraying. (Equal path lengths through all parts of the horn etc). Kind of a horizontal line array box especially with only 22.5deg horizontal dispersion.

It wasn't my choice to change the systems over, just the preference of the FOH engineer I was working with. And also since I'd overloaded my van getting it there I might as well use the system I'd brought!

Not the perfect box but they work well for certain situations and by arraying them in different configs they're quite flexible.

Thanks for the info on the W8, wasn't sure of the details on it. I will need to discuss phase plugs with you more when I eventually start work on my 8" mid horn but I think I'm going to start with a simple conical plug and go from there.

Sus

Afişează mesajele de la anteriorul:  Sortează după  
Scrie un subiect nou Răspunde la subiect  [ 18 mesaje ]  Du-te la pagina Anterior  1, 2

Ora este UTC + 2